Monday, April 16, 2012

Duck at Bayswater

I have a bag from Mulberry called the Bayswater.

It's only after having that bag that I realised Bayswater is the name of a tube station in London. Bayswater is an area of west London in the City of Westminster and the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea.

And Bayswater is famous for delicious roasted duck!

There are 2 famous stores in Bayswater - Four Seasons Duck and Gold Mine. Both are Chinese restaurant, selling mostly Cantonese food. Many in will direct you to one of the 2 restaurants for Peking Duck or Crispy Aromatic Duck.

During my last trip to London, I went to Gold Mine because a colleague said that the original chef from Four Seasons has gone to Gold Mine.

So we decided to brave the cold one weekend in London and travelled all the way to western London for some Chinese food.

We ordered the famous Crispy Aromatic Duck, Cantonese roast duck, fried beef kway teow, tofu and vegetables.

The food was good, although I've had much better duck (See this post on my favourite Peking duck from Dadong in Beijing).

But I must say the overall quality was very good and it's amazing how good Chinese food taste after a whole week of cold sandwiches and salads..



2 comments:

Malar said...

Whole week of cold sandwitch and salad? oh dear.....
The duck looks yummy!

Open Kitchen Concept said...

Hehe, yes, cold sandwiches - I think sandwiches but after a week of them for breakfast and lunch, I got quite tired...