Tuesday, September 6, 2011

MasterChef Australia and Caesar Salad Dressing

I've been watching every episode of MasterChef Australia Season 2 on cable TV (Star World Channel).

It is an extremely long TV game show series but I must say it is really quite enjoyable.

Firstly, the participants are pretty nice people and they actually seem to quite like each other (compare this with MasterChef US and you'd know what I mean).

Secondly, I've found myself learning so much about cooking from the series, particularly from the "Masterclass" episodes.

The recipes look very good and I find myself picking up useful tips along the way, like scoring the skin of duck before roasting, how to make lava chocolate cake ahead of time, etc.

All the recipes from the classes are also available online, and I'm sure I will be using quite a few of them soon.

This is one that The Husband used recently - Caesar Salad Dressing by Donna Hay.

Ingredients
1 egg
2 anchovies
1/2 tsp Wostershire sauce
1 tsp of lemon juice
3/4 cup grape seed oil
salt to season

Mix all dressing ingredients together in blender until smooth. We have found that it's also good to add in some finely grated garlic and dijon mustard.. but it's important to add these slowly and taste along the way.

Now that I know this dressing works, next time, I'd try adding all the works to this salad - soft boiled eggs and honey-roasted bacon.

Caesar salad with homemade dressing

No comments: