Saturday, April 30, 2011

Green Tea Butter Cake


I really liked this cake. It was yummy. Even The Husband said so and he is not usually that keen on my cakes.

This recipe would bake better in a regular pound cake pan but I wanted to use my new silicon pan, so the cake turned out very thin.

This is baked using a butter cake recipe I like very much. It is not a "healthy" recipe but the extra cream and egg yolks make this butter cake moist and rich!

Ingredients
130g butter
90g sugar
1/2 tsp salt
2 whole eggs + 2 egg yolks
45g milk
45g cream or evaporated milk
140g cake flour, sifted
10g matcha powder (use cake flour instead if you want to just make butter cake)
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
A small handful of chocolate chips (optional)


What I did
1. Cream butter, sugar and salt until light
2. Beat all the eggs together and add to the butter, bit by bit
3. Sift the flour and matcha powder together
4. Add in half the flour into the butter-egg mixture, alternating with the milk and cream
5. Gently mix the chocolate chips in
6. Bake in a pound cake pan for 180 deg C until cooked. About 30 - 40 minutes


By the way, this is the last picture taken on my wooden balcony table - the table has rotted under the sun and rain and I've thrown it out. It was becoming quite a mushroom farm! A pity really - I liked this table, bench and chair set..

2 comments:

miruku said...

Wooden bench is always so nice to place in the garden or balcony but not in our climate. I have to paint mine every year to get back the (clean) look. Bought a stone bench last month and happy because it is trouble-free :)

Open Kitchen Concept said...

You are so right milka! Oh.. stone is good ya? I bought a new metal set.. hopefully that will last me at least a few years :)