Sunday, March 20, 2011

Honeymoon Dessert

In our dating days, I flew up to Hong Kong every other month. Then, we would drive out to various parts of Hong Kong to have long walks or simply try out new restaurants.

We liked going to Sai Kung because there were always things to see and good food to eat at Sai Kung. Honeymoon Dessert (满记甜品) was a shop in Sai Kung I particularly liked. The desserts were good and seemed well worth the drive to Sai Kung.

Since The Ex-Boyfriend (aka The Husband) moved from Hong Kong and sold his car, we haven't really been back to Sai Kung.

I missed the sight of fishing boats selling their catch and the many quaint restaurants at Sai Kung.

But not Honeymoon Dessert!

It is now a chain store that can be found in a number of shopping malls in Hong Kong. And it even has 3 stores (at least, I only know of 3) in Singapore! The mango desserts here are all pretty good. 

Fresh mango with herbal jelly and mango sauce - delicious and healthy

Black glutinous rice with fresh mango in a cold coconut sauce. 
My favourite! 

Mango and Pomelo sago (杨枝甘露) - not too bad 
but I've definitely had better ones

Honeymoon Dessert
Add: 1 Harbourfront Walk #01-93 Vivo City
Tel: +65-63768027

4 comments:

Lrong Lim said...

Urmmm, the desserts look so yummy... thanks for coming by my blog to offer words of comfort with regards to the earthquake... my missus and I met in Hongkong and we did return there to celebrate our wedding anniversaries...

Open Kitchen Concept said...

Hi Lrong! Good to know everything is okay!

Blur Ting said...

The glutinous rice one looks like something I would like!

Open Kitchen Concept said...

Yes, the glutinous one is my favourite too!