Saturday, November 27, 2010

Guess the colour of my Frangipani

The success of our botak frangipani (which is now by the way, ahem, a rather handsome plant) encouraged me to buy another one.

Unfortunately, when I was at World Farm choosing a new frangipani for my balcony, none of the frangipanis there were flowering. So no one, not even the expert at the frangipani area, could tell me what colour flowers they would bear. So I pick out a small plant whose look I liked and carted it home.

2 clumps of flower buds sprouted out a couple of weeks back.. I got really excited. But the buds are growing very slowly. I still can't tell what colour the flowers would be. My other frangipani plant has white and yellow flowers, so I'm really hoping the colour on this one will be a bit different.

What do you think? Would you like to take a guess at the colour of the flowers? Here are pictures of the flower buds.


3 comments:

Petunia Lee said...

They look yellow to me. If you need a white one with a yellow centre, I can pass you cuttings. I will be pruning the frangipani before I can move it out of the patio to the new house.

Open Kitchen Concept said...

Thanks Petunia! My other frangipani is white and yellow.. I'm looking around for a white one with pink centre.. There is this house in my neighbourhood with one.. I've been thinking of being thick-skinned and walking up to the owner to ask for a cutting!

Malar said...

I never had Frangipani before. Looks like yellow but let's wait and see!