Monday, October 11, 2010

Liang Kee Teochew Restaurant

I never knew that there is a Teochew restaurant at Boon Keng. Liang Kee is located at a corner of Boon Keng, on the ground floor of a HDB block.. and is very well hidden from the main road.

Overall, I find the food alright. My family thinks that for the location that Liang Kee is at and the quality of the food.. the pricing is a bit on the high side. I don't really mind the location that much.. but I couldn't find a dish that was exceptionally good and would make me want to come back to for.

Some dishes we had were pretty good.. like the braised duck and stir-fried kau choy with prawns. The oyster omelette was too oily and not good at all.. The prawn rolls and yam paste (dessert) were average.

If I had a craving for Teochew food and do not wish to travel to town, this is probably the place I would go to.

The food came suspiciously fast and service is really prompt. So it is a good choice for a quick dinner. However, in my opinion, it would also be better to visit during non-peak hours - the noise level at peak dinner hours was a little unbearable. 

Steamed peanuts, my favourite

Deep fried prawn rolls

Braised duck with tau kwa

Fried oyster omelette - extremely oily

Fried kau choy with prawns - a surprisingly delicious dish

Yam paste - Average, we call agree that they make it better at Boon Tong Kee

Liang Kee Teochew Restaurant
Add: Blk 34 Whampoa West #01-27
Tel: +65 6297 7789

No comments: