Monday, June 28, 2010

Pretty Desserts

Sometimes in life, looks really do matter.

I've been to Aerin's a couple of times before - once for drinks before the F1 race and once for lunch. I've never really been impressed by the place. The drinks were just normal.. nothing fantastic. The lunch I had there (was it pasta?) was unmemorable.

But Coffee Club at Raffles City was full on Sunday and I only had a couple of hours to spend for tea with my friend O from Hong Kong. So I decided to go to Aerin's for tea instead.

We ordered a couple of teas and a dessert each - I opted for churros with chocolate dipping and she ordered a pavlova that came with Mango sherbet (it is called Anna Pavlova in the menu - after the famous ballerina, where the name of the dessert pavlova came from).

The desserts came and they look so beautiful (and huge) that I began to rethink my opinion of Aerin's.

Tastewise - the churros were actually rather disappointing. Perhaps it was an overdose of cinnamon, if such a thing is possible.. but I thought they tasted a little bitter. My memory of the churros I had at Disneyland were a lot lighter.. and yummier.

The pavlova was alright, in spite of my prejudices against meringue. The meringue was light and rather sweet.. but the mango sherbet was sour enough such that when you eat them together - the dessert tasted quite good

And even if it didn't taste good.. it looked so pretty in the pictures I brought home with me.. that I'd probably remember it as being good a couple of months down the road.

Handsome churros with a sexy chocolate dipping

Pretty Anna Pavlova with bits and pieces of good looking fruits

I wouldn't mind going back to this restaurant to try the other desserts!

Aerin's
252 North Bridge Road
#B1-11/12 Raffles City Shopping Centre
Tel: +65 6337 2231

2 comments:

Blur Ting said...

Very pretty indeed. You do take good pictures!

Open Kitchen Concept said...

Hehe.. thanks Ting!