Friday, June 25, 2010

Comfortably deep fried

On days when I feel crappy or in need of a little something to perk me up, I'd think of eating something I like.

Often, something deep fried will make it to the list.

I don't know about you.. but I like deep fried food.. I know all that talk about healthy living and stuff.. but I just don't see how anyone can not like good deep fried food.

Not the greasy, limp, non-crispy kind but the piping hot, crispy-with-a-crunch, oily-but-not-greasy deep fried kind of stuff.

It can be something fancy like deep fried oysters.. or something really simple like curry puff from Old Chang Kee.

Some of my favourite deep fried food are:

Deep fried chicken

Tonkatsu

Deep fried oysters

And then there is onion rings.. fries.. fried chicken wings.. and many others... (Hm... now I feel hungry.)

What's your idea of comfort food?

4 comments:

Fresh Fry aka 福星 said...

good o' Canto soup, or frog legs porridge.

Blur Ting said...

I do like deep fried food as well though I hardly eat any. Everything you have mentioned in your list happens to be my favs too!

Open Kitchen Concept said...

Fry - yum.. cantonese soup.. I like those too! Ting - hm.. and I know we both like black forest cake too...

Anonymous said...

Hey, i love deep fried food too! I have cravings for it sometimes, much as i try to be a healthy eater. My favourite...simply my mother's fried chicken wings, shoe string fries, KFC!