Thursday, December 10, 2009

To-Bake List

Time really flies.. It's December already and this is the last week where I'd be spending a full week at home. After this week, I'd be travelling and will only be back next year.

This year, I have attended a number of baking classes and bought (or rather The Husband bought) lots of cookbooks.

And there are so many things I want to bake. I just either have been too lazy sometimes.. or some kind of excuse comes up and I didn't bake.

The excuse at the beginning of the year was mostly because I didn't have a good mixer and it was too tiring to do everything by hand. But then we bough The Beast and that excuse wasn't valid anymore.

Then the most common excuse was that there was no one to help eat my bakes.. and I thought the year end festive season would kind of put an end to that excuse.. But then we have all these travel plans.. so no time to bake.

OK, so now I have decided to come up with a To-Bake list. So that I can use it to make sure I really get down to it. And I'm going to make sure that I'd bake all these stuff on my To-Bake list over the next few months.
  1. Less Fruity Fruitcake (My first attempt didn't turn that well..)
  2. "Real" Banana Bread (Real bread.. not quick-mix cake like the one I previously made, from Jamie Oliver)
  3. The Big Melt-down (Chocolate cake with melty centre.. looks really fantastic actually , from Kitchen Tigeress)
  4. Baked Cheesecake (from Baking Mum)
  5. French Apple Tart (from Baking with Julia)
  6. Tomato and Basil Galette, or Mixed Berries Galette (Same dough recipe, from Baking with Julia)
  7. Carrot Cake with Frosting (from The Cake Bible)
  8. Earl Grey Bread (Recipe from a friend)
  9. Pear and Peach Tart (Recipe from a baking class I took)
  10. Chocolate Almond Biscotti (from Evan's Kitchen Ramblings)
Oh.. I have to really get started soon!


They look so happy and serene..

No comments: