Thursday, December 10, 2009

And the other is White...

A couple of months back, I blogged about one of my 2 hibiscus seedlings.. It produced bright pink flowers..

I didn't know what colours the other seedling would produce.. because I had gotten the seeds mixed up during the germination process.

For the past week, I've been eagerly watching 2 flower buds of this seedling grow..

On Saturday, I was quite delighted to see a little bit of white popping out of the buds.. could it be...

And today, I see this..


White hibiscus in full bloom.. such a big flower

Actually, I've known for a couple of days now, that this plant will produce white flowers... because the buds were white. But it was only yesterday that I realised it'd be a white flower with a red centre because I could see a hint of red in the centre of the bud as it slowly opened.


How it looked like yesterday.. I could see the colours already..
but it looked much smaller!

I'm not sure if it is just me.. but I feel this white hibiscus' flower development (from bud to full bloom) is much slower compared to the pink one.. But then, maybe it's just because I'm impatient to see it in full bloom..

I feel very lucky to have both colours in my garden.. because these are the only 2 seedlings that managed to germinate out of the 4 or 5 seeds I've sown.

No comments: