Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Red wine mask

I finally managed to get my hands on a bottle of this mask from Taiwan earlier this month. This mask was highly recommended by renowned Taiwanese artiste Big-S, in her book, 美容大王.

I've heard that there are lots of imitation products out there due to the success of the book, so when one of my Taiwanese ex-colleague offered to go to the clinic to get them, I was thrilled. They cost quite a bit so I got her to get me a small bottle (60g) for now.

When I got the bottle, I didn't feel that thrilled anymore.

On the rather cheap looking plastic bottle, the English translation says "Direction: Apply thin layer of the mask with a spatula to the face and leave it for 15-20 minutes. Remove the mask with a spatula, then, with adequate amount of water with sponges."

Remove the mask with a spatula? Erm.. the mask is supposed to be on my face, right..?

Very dodgy.

Fortunately, the directions in mandarin were much clearer, just remove the mask with wet cotton buds.

Keen to test out the effects of the mask, I used it everyday, for about half a month now.

And I must say it is good. I feel that it brightens my complexion and my skin feels smoother.

This mask is available on sale at this website. You'd have to be able to read traditional mandarin to navigate this website.. although... I don't really know if it delivers overseas.

But I've managed to secure my channel for future supplies now. It's nice to have friends from different parts of the world.

No comments: